It has taken a long time, but finally my debut novel is available to buy! I'm very excited to share the links to both Amazon and Kobo where you can buy my novel, White Plains. It is currently available as an ebook but I will shortly be looking at making it available in paperback also.
I did a lot of preparation before I uploaded my book for sale and was glad I had. Both the Amazon (Kindle Direct Publishing) and Kobo (Kobo Writing Life) processes were relatively straightforward, but I was glad for the prior research. A few months prior to self-publishing I bought an online course provided by Ben Galley. The course was very helpful and gave me a fighting chance in the world of self-publishing.
I'm looking forward to spreading the word about my book and know that when it comes to self-publishing my next novel (Origins) it will be an even smoother ride!
A few tips on self-publishing:
- Research the marketplaces you wish to sell on (start with just a couple, rather than stressing over lots!)
- Sign up to the marketplaces before you have your book ready to publish as there will be things that can be filled out prior - this will save time later!
- Gather all the information for your book, i.e. title, genre, book description, price, pages, etc. This can be put in one document so you can copy and paste when you come to self-publish.
- Research price for your book - ebook and paperback. Be sure to look at different websites and books in the same genre as yours to get an idea.
- Employ a good illustrator to do the cover - it will be the first impression of your book and can make all the difference.
One thing I found which really helped was having a document listing everything I needed to do, even after publishing.
So, now all I can say is please go to Amazon and Kobo to check out my book - you can see and download a free sample (up to chapter nine!) before you buy.
White Plains - £2.99 on Amazon and Kobo
Buy it now and you will get the first chapter of my new novel Origins for free!